Hi, I'm Emma Townsin
Registered Dietitian and Certified Intuitive Eating Counsellor
Working with me
Wherever you are in the world, I can support you to stop feeling obsessive over food. I work with you as a UK Registered Healthcare provider with one-on-one counselling sessions and lessons to complete in between our appointments so you can find your food and life freedom.Learn how you can work with me
What you can expect
You are the expert in your body, I am the expert in guiding you to develop trust and understanding so you can make the food and body choices that feel mentally and physically healthy for you.
I know how hard it is to find trust and connection with your body while living in a diet culture that pushes food morality and body ideals onto you. I also know that letting go of food rules and finding confidence in your body allows you to experience more joy and pleasure in life.
During our time together we explore your relationship with food, dive into the biology and psychology of the eating experience and gain clarity on the role food plays in your life (and the role you want it to play). You will be supported with activities to guide your transformation to a peaceful and happy relationship with food and feel empowered in your body.
The serious stuff
- A UK registered healthcare provider with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). Registration number DT28209.
- A Certified Intuitive Eating Counsellor (CIEC) through Intuitive Eating PRO with Evelyn Tribole (The co-founder of the intuitive eating framework).
- Master of dietetics, Deakin University, Melbourne, Australia (2012).
- Honours research year in food science and nutrition, Deakin University, Melbourne Australia (2010).
- Bachelor of Health Sciences, majoring in Nutrition and psychology (2009)
Additional training and supervision:
- Trauma informed care with Fiona Sutherland and Tracy Brown - in progress
- Digestive disorders and eating disorders with Marci Evans RD
- Intuitive Eating PRO course with Evelyn Tribole
- I am a member of my professional body - The British Dietetics Association as well as specialist organisations EDRDPro and Certified Intuitive Eating Counsellors, through which I complete regular professional development training webinars.
- I receive monthly (at minimum) supervision with a trauma informed intuitive eating specialist dietitian (Tracy Brown) as well as a specialist eating disorder dietitian through my eating disorder work.
- Additionally I work for an eating disorder private practice as part of a team providing consultations for those with diagnosed eating disorders.
The fun stuff
Facts about me
- I moved to the UK in 2015 for a short stay and just never left. Although I grew up in Australia I also have family in the UK so I feel at home here as well.
- Sometimes you will find me in Uganda. My partner moved there in 2021 and I’m currently spending my time split between the UK and Uganda.
- Spending time in green (or blue) space is important for my mental health. I often break up my days with a walk in the local park or along the canal and I love weekends away in the mountains.
- I love all sorts of food but the foods I miss if they are not available are my basic everyday things like cheddar cheese and grainy bread.
- My current favourite way to “read” is with an audiobook - I particularly love listening to an audio book while walking in a park.
Now I'd love to learn about you!
Ready to ditch the stress of dieting?
Get in touch for a free discovery call with Emma (Registered dietitian) to see if we are a good fit to work togetherGet in touch