It's great to meet you!
Let me introduce myself
I'm Emma Townsin, I'm a Registered Dietitian and a Certified Intuitive Eating Counsellor who specialises in helping women create a peaceful relationship with food and their bodies.
I know how hard it is to find trust and connection with your body while living in a diet culture that pushes food morality and body ideals onto you. I also know that letting go of food rules and finding confidence in your body allows you to experience more joy and pleasure in life.
My mission at Food Life Freedom is to support you to stop following someone else's food rules and reclaim your own intuition around food and your body.
Working with me
I am a UK Registered Healthcare provider working online with clients from the UK and all over the world. Using my Empowered Women Academy framework, you will be supported with video modules, practical activities, private counselling sessions and unlimited support to find freedom from obsessive food thoughts and confidence in your body.Explore the Empowered Women Academy
What you can expect
When you think of a dietitian, do you think of meal plans and food rules to follow? I used to think I was the expert in telling people what to eat, until I realised this does not work.
You are the expert in your body, I am the expert in guiding you to develop trust and understanding. And perhaps bust some harmful food myths along the way!
I additionally trained as a counsellor in intuitive eating so my sessions feel more like a counselling session than a traditional dietetics consultation. During our time together we explore your relationship with food, dive into the biology and psychology of the eating experience and gain clarity on the role food plays in your life (and the role you want it to play). You will be supported with activities to guide your transformation to a peaceful and happy relationship with food and feel empowered in your body.
The serious stuff
- A UK registered healthcare provider with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). Registration number DT28209.
- A Certified Intuitive Eating Counsellor (CIEC) through Intuitive Eating PRO with Evelyn Tribole (The co-founder of the intuitive eating framework).
- Master of dietetics, Deakin University, Melbourne, Australia (2012).
- Honours research year in food science and nutrition, Deakin University, Melbourne Australia (2010).
- Bachelor of Health Sciences, majoring in Nutrition and psychology (2009)
- I am a member of my professional body - The British Dietetics Association as well as specialist organisations EDRDPro and Certified Intuitive Eating Counsellors, through which I complete regular professional development training.
- I receive monthly supervision with a specialist eating disorder and/ or intuitive eating dietitian.
The fun stuff
Facts about me
- I moved to the UK in 2015 for a short stay and just never left. Although I grew up in Australia I also have family in the UK so I feel at home here as well.
- Sometimes you will find me in Uganda. My partner moved there in 2021 and I’m currently spending my time split between the UK and Uganda.
- Spending time in green (or blue) space is important for my mental health. I often break up my days with a walk in the local park or along the canal and I love weekends away in the mountains.
- I love all sorts of food but the foods I miss if they are not available are the my basic everyday things like cheddar cheese and grainy bread.
- My current favourite way to “read” is with an audiobook - I particularly love listening to an audio book while walking in a park.
Now I'd love to learn about you!