The Empowered Women Academy
Reclaim your confidence.
The Empowered Women Academy is a 12-week Intuitive Eating program for women who want a peaceful relationship with food and body.
We would be a good fit if...
- You are tired of obsessive food thoughts, counting calories and measuring your portions
- You have been stuck in an emotional or binge eating cycle and want food to feel peaceful
- You are done with losing and gaining the same weight over and over
- You want to be able to look in the mirror with confidence and not let it ruin your mood
- You've decided to stop dieting but don't know how to eat without rules
You want to break the dieting cycle so the next generation of women can feel empowered in their bodies
Diets cause you harm
The Empowered Women Academy uses an intuitive eating framework, a non-diet approach to health and wellbeing. Research into dieting shows not only that diets don't work, but also that they cause harm. Largely this research is based on 'sensible' diets guided by health professionals. Long term side effects from dieting include:
The majority of dieters gain back the weight (and often more) after dieting. It is not because of willpower or poor dietary habits but rather our body's innate biological and psychological responses to the famine (diet).
Obsessive and constant food cravings, emotional eating and binge eating are extremely common side-effects of dieting. Often we blame the food itself and try further to restrict but this just drives this cycle further.
Poor mental health
A constant focus on weight loss or perfect eating leads to a low or erratic mood, irritability, poor focus, less participation in social events, less connection with others and reduced passion in other areas of life.
As women we are raised to feel our most important goal in life is to shrink our body. I'm calling this out because
DIETING IS STEALING OUR LIVES
You can and deserve to have a peaceful and happy relationship with food and body. My mission is to make this your reality.
Benefits of the Empowered Women Academy
I combine nutritional counselling with a specialised evidence-based framework called Intuitive Eating. There are over 150 studies directly on the intuitive eating framework showing amazing physical and mental health benefits including:
Improved body acceptance
While dieting (and pursuing weight loss) actually leads to worsened body image, intuitive eating improves our understanding, appreciation, confidence in our bodies.
Reduced binge eating
Intuitive eaters have lower binge eating, emotional eating and loss-of-control eating plus they feel more at peace with food and get more pleasure from food.
Higher life satisfaction
Intuitive eaters are shown to have higher wellbeing and optimism, coping skills, psychological hardiness, self regard as well as overall improved life satisfaction.
Meet your host Emma
Registered Dietitian and Certified Intuitive Eating Counsellor
Have you been searching for someone to tell you what to eat so you can stop obsessing over food? I used to think I could help clients this way too but then I realised it doesn't work.
Food plays such an important role in our emotions and social life as well as the nutrition it provides. The only way you can truly find peace with food is to understand what food feels good for you.
I created the Empowered Women Academy to give you all the tools and support you need to ditch dieting and have a peaceful and happy relationship with food and body.
If you are ready to ditch dieting so you can...
- Have headspace and energy to enjoy moments with your children, friends and family
- Confidently join in pool or beach trips without constant body checking and intrusive thoughts
- Feel present in the conversation during social meals and events
- Experience comfort and satisfaction from eating without any guilt
- Find new passions and live for more than food and body ideals
Break the dieting cycle so the next generation of women can feel empowered in their bodies
...then my mission is to guide you to a peaceful and happy relationship with food and body
How you are supported
- You will receive your very own member library where all your resources to support your recovery will be available whenever and wherever you need them
- Get access to weekly video modules, exploratory worksheets and recommended activities to complete in a time that works for you, to easily fit your recovery into your life
- Private counselling sessions with Emma Townsin to dive deeper into your journey and provide you with the personalised guidance you need for a lifelong happy relationship with food.
- A diversity of content, all carefully designed to build on and work together, to support you to a peaceful relationship with food and body including video content, worksheets, practical activities, meditations, message support and private counselling.
- By-your-side support from Emma with unlimited email contact and accountability tasks throughout so you never feel alone in your recovery
- Lifetime access to your library of resources (and any updates) so you can draw on them if you need them in the future
- Bonus and instant access to Done With Dieting - a self paced mini course to kickstart your journey to peace with food by moving away from the “one-last-diet” cycle.
1-to-1 nutrition counselling
To dive deeper and provide you with the personalised support you need in the areas you need it most. Here we will tailor the support to your specific needs.
Access your own member library of video lessons, worksheets and practical activities. New content delivered weekly and carefully designed to build and support your recovery.
By your side
Unlimited and lifetime access to your library of resources as well as 12 weeks of personal message support and accountability tasks throughout the program so you never feel alone.
Let's improve your relationship with food and body!
Use the form below to book a discovery consultation.
Common Questions about the Empowered Women Academy
What makes Food Life Freedom different?
How is the Empowered Women Academy structured?
What are your qualifications?
Will I lose weight?
I'm worried I cannot connect with my body
Have another question? Get in touch here